ChemSystems PermaSeal WB
$38.78 – $183.50
CSI Permaseal WB is a water-based, single component, epoxy-modified,
- VOC Content <100 g/l: This product conforms to all federal and local VOC regulations.
- CSI Permaseal WB Matte dries crystal clear creating a finish that ranges from a satin sheen to a matte finish, depending on the surface and number of coats.
- CSI Permaseal WB Matte performs well inside and outside, on both new and old surfaces. CSI Permaseal WB Matte will not yellow over time, and is more durable then standard water based acrylic sealers.
- CSI Permaseal WB Matte is appropriate for cast-in-place concrete, or decorative stamped and patterned concrete that has been colored using systems such as, CSI Integral Color, CSI Color Hardener, CSI Release Powder, CSI Stampable Overlay, CSI
- Microtopping INT or HD, CSI ChromaStain and CSI Concrete Dye.
- CSI Permaseal WB Matte can also be applied to concrete and clay pavers, natural stone, porous tiles and Terrazzo.
- CSI Permaseal WB Matte will not show wear patterns and topical resealing can be carried out more frequently, in high traffic areas.
- Warning: Allow one to seven days for concrete to cure before application of CSI Permaseal WB Matte. The concrete should appear dry on the surface.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned and dry prior to the application of CSI Permaseal WB Matte.
- CSI Permaseal WB Matte should be applied with a micro fiber appliactor, T-bar applicator, or 3/8 inch nap roller.
- Ensure even, thin coats. Always maintain a wet edge. Do not over work the sealer, as foam or bubbles may form.
- The treated area should be protected from rain or moisture and not be trafficked for 24 hours after completion.
Work must cease in inclement weather i.e., rain, strong winds or temperatures below 45 °F.
Surface Protection and Maintenance
1. CSI Permaseal WB Matte will wear evenly even in high traffic areas.
2. Areas that require more maintenance and cleaning can be resealed more frequently or as necessary. Resealed areas will not show vast differences in most cases so topical work can be done.
3. CSI Permaseal WB Matte is compatible with other surface treatments.
4. Always test an inconspicuous area to ensure proper physical and aesthetics results.
Limitations and Precautions
• Do not allow product to freeze.
• A minumum temperature of 45 °F must be maintained for a period of 24 hours
prior to application.
• Test sealing is recommended to ensure both the proper physical and aesthetic appearance and properties prior to starting a project.
• It is important to maintain material on the surface in order to provide protection for the concrete and the coloring system on decorative concrete surfaces.
• CSI Permaseal WB Matte is not acid resistant so detergent and non-citric acid based cleaners, such as pH neutral Floor Cleaner should be compatible and used for maintenance cleaning process.
Shelf Life and Storage
CSI Permaseal WB Matte has a shelf life of one year. Store product indoors, away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not allow product to freeze.
Coverage Rate and Drying Times
Coverage rates may vary depending on the type, age and condition of the concrete, application method and other local conditions.
• Smooth Finish – Material usage is 200-400 square feet per gallon/coat.
• Rough or Broom Finish or old concrete – Material usage is 150-250 square feet per gallon/coat.
Drying times will vary depending on surface porosity, temperature, humidity and other local conditions.
• Set to Touch – 20 to 60 minutes.
• Recoat – 20 to 40 minutes following first application.
• Light Traffic – may be allowed 24 hours after final application.
CSI Permaseal WB Matte is available in 1- and 5-gallon units.
Conforms to ASTM C1028-89 for skid resistance.