Helix High Gloss sealer is a high quality, 100% acrylic, solvent-base, breathable sealer for sealing concrete and masonry surfaces. Helix High Gloss will protect surfaces from water, dust, stains and dirt. Helix High Gloss produces a high gloss finish when dry.
*This a “High VOC” sealer and must be shipped in 1 gallon containers. 5 gallon pails are available but need to be shipped on a pallet via freight. If cost for freight for a 5 gallon container is a concern we recommend using one of our water-based sealers.
Helix High Gloss is best applied by spray or roll-down method.
When applied according to directions, High Gloss sealer provides a breathable, non-yellowing protective finish and enhance exterior concrete, brick and masonry surfaces.
Helix High Gloss sealer provides a high gloss finishes. Helix Color Systems recommends a minimum of two coats for best results. Always test in an inconspicuous area for desired gloss and compatibility.
Helix High Gloss sealer is an excellent choice for sealing and enhancing the following surfaces:
- Colored, imprinted concrete
- Concrete that has been treated with water-based stain, acid stain, or dye that has been left unsealed or stripped
- Color hardened concrete that has been left unsealed or stripped
- Concrete without color that is both without sealer or stripper
- Exterior concrete surfaces that will weather naturally
- Exposed aggregate
This sealer protects surfaces against dusting, staining and dirt with non-yellowing finishes. The sealer enriches the tone of concrete colored with CSI Integral Color, CSI Color Hardener and CSI Stampable Overlay, as well as accentuate the surface character of concrete treated with CSI ChromaStain or CSI Concrete Dye.
Coverage rates may vary depending on the texture, porosity, condition of the concrete, the application method, and other local conditions also. Two light coats of Helix High Gloss sealer at the recommended coverage rates are usually sufficient to seal and protect. However, additional coats may be applied after initial coats are dry to achieve a more glossy look and add additional protection and durability.
- Smooth Finish – Material usage is 300 square feet per gallon/coat.
- Rough or Broom Finish – Material usage is 250 square feet per gallon/coat
Drying times will vary depending on surface porosity, temperature, humidity and other local conditions.
Note: When the air temperature reaches 85 °F or higher and the surface ready for sealer is in the direct sunlight, the temperature can be 10-20 degrees higher thus causing the sealer to flash off which in turn may cause blistering or bubbling of sealer. If this occurs wait for the temperature to drop and then apply a light thin coat of xylene to re-dissolve the sealer.
Helix High Gloss Sealer
- Set to Touch – One to two hours after each application.
- Recoat – Two to four hours after each application.
- Light Traffic – 24 hours after final coat.
- Vehicle Traffic – One to two days after final coat, depending on temperature.
Larger quantities are also available. Please call us at 817-534-1112 for options.