1. Before applying CSI Floor Finish +, assure that the base sealer is completely cured. Refer
to the installation guidelines for cure times relating to the specific sealer that was applied.
2. Before using CSI Floor Finish +, your surface must be cleaned, rinsed and allowed to
3. If existing sealer or finish is discolored or worn, remove before applying CSI Floor
4. Before applying, test CSI Floor Finish + in an inconspicuous area to ensure compatibility.
If in doubt about compatibility with existing surface, consult ChemSystems, Inc.
• For trowel-finished concrete, Apply CSI Floor Finish + with an automatic scrubber,
PADCO t-bar applicator, micro fiber mop, or a #24 rayon “finish mop” (with looped ends)
or equivalent applicator from a Distributor, hardware or janitorial supply store.
• For imprinted or textured concrete, a low-volume pump-up sprayer or a roller may be used.
• Pour enough CSI Floor Finish + on the floor to cover a reasonable area. Work the
applicator in a push and pull method to evenly spread the floor finish out until it is clear
and streak free. Pour more material on the surface and continue working, assuring a wet
edge is maintained as you work across the floor.
Coverage Rate and Drying Times
• First Coat – Material usage, for the first coat, is 800-1,000 square feet per gallon over
• Subsequent Coats – Material usage, for subsequent coats, is approximately 1,800
square feet per gallon.
Drying times will vary depending on surface porosity, temperature, humidity and local
• Set to Touch – Surface can be touched approximately 30 minutes after application if
temperatures are at or above 68 °F.
Surface Protection and Maintenance
• Although CSI Floor Finish + has a high-solids content, it has a “built-in” removability
if stripped with a stripper designed specifically for floor finishes.
• Maintain CSI Floor Finish + by burnishing to a high shine with a high-speed floor
• Maintain CSI Floor Finish + with soap and water cleaning as needed.
• High traffic areas can be spot treated with additional thin coats of floor finish as needed.
• Use floor mats or throw rugs at all entrances and exits. Use rugs under tables and chairs
to prevent excess scratching and wear. Frequent dry sweeping and occasional soap and
water mopping are considered standard maintenance.
Applicable Standards – CSI Floor Finish + complies with the following regulations and requirements:
• ASTM D2047 – Exceeds the coefficient of friction safety standards for slip resistance
• ASTM D2801 for leveling
• ASTM D2048-82 for powdering resistance
• ASTM D3153-78 for recoatability