CSI Liquid Release is a premium, high performance liquid release agent. CSI Liquid Release is a clear, low volatility, slow drying and non-pigment method for releasing all types of texturing tools from the surface. Its low viscosity formula allows for a longer surface life, requiring less frequent re-application.
CSI Liquid Release is an alternative in situations when CSI Release Powder may be prohibitive. CSI Liquid Release is optimal for fast track installation.
• CSI Liquid Release utilizes specialty polymers to provide an enhanced positive release of all types of imprinting tools.
• CSI Liquid Release is a release choice for applications where powdered products would be prohibitive, due to risk of damage to surrounding landscape, buildings, and interior finished surfaces.
• A non-pigment parting agent, CSI Liquid Release is used for releasing mat-type texturing tools from wet concrete.
• If properly removed, CSI Liquid Release will not impede the use of CSI ChormaStain*, CSI Concrete Dye, or CSI Sealers*.
• CSI Liquid Release can be colored with CSI liquid coloring tints designed for use with CSI Liquid Release
1. CSI Liquid Release is applied just before placement of most mat-type imprinting tools during the plastic stage of set.
2. Apply CSI Liquid Release by misting the surface with a pump-up type sprayer equipped with a fan tip. Apply enough CSI Liquid Release to evenly cover the area to be immediately imprinted (150-200 square feet) while avoiding evaporation of the material prior to using texturing mats.
3. CSI Liquid Release will naturally evaporate from the textured concrete surface (usually after 12 hours). After CSI Liquid Release have fully dissipated, alternative colorants can be applied.
Curing and Sealing Concrete
1. Concrete imprinted with CSI Liquid Release can be cured with any applicable curing compound once all the liquid release has evaporated.
2. If a liquid membrane cure is not appropriate, then new, non-wrinkled, nonstaining, reinforced, kraft-curing paper may be used.
3. After release has been washed or dissipated from the surface and once concrete has dried to a uniform color, sealing the concrete may take place. For finish-sealing concrete, choose from a variety of CSI sealers appropriate to project requirements.
Surface Protection and Maintenance
It is highly recommended to develop and follow a routine maintenance schedule for all colored concrete so that it maintains a top-quality appearance. Colored concrete installations should be routinely inspected, cleaned and resealed as required by local conditions. Cleaning and resealing schedules will depend on a number of factors including, but not limited to, volume and intensity of traffic, maintenance procedures and weather.
Shelf Life and Storage
CSI Liquid Release has a shelf life of one year.
Coverage Rate and Drying Times
Under normal conditions, CSI Liquid Release will cover approximately 150-200 sq. ft./gallon.
• Note – Actual coverage may vary depending on the application method, wind conditions, texture of concrete prior to application, and other local conditions.
CSI Liquid Release is packaged in 1-, 5- and 55-gallon containers.