CSI Color Hardener is a specialty formulated, dry-shake, colored surface hardener. It is used for coloring, hardening and conditioning freshly placed
concrete flatwork. CSI Color Hardener is the premium method for coloring and hardening concrete for stamped or imprinted concrete applications.
Features & Benefits
- CSI Color Hardener increases abrasion resistance and surface density and reduces porosity. Proper use of CSI Color Hardener can increase surface
- Used in conjunction with CSI Release Powder*, CSI Color Hardener is the preferred product for creating vibrant colors for imprinted/textured concrete.
- CSI Color Hardener is an excellent choice for the following types of projects:
- Colored, imprinted concrete flatwork and a variety of architectural concrete treatments that would benefit from improved pattern transfer
and increased abrasion resistance.
- Surfaces which require increased abrasion and impact resistance, such as street paving, warehouses, shipping/receiving areas and distribution
- Interior and exterior surfaces exposed to heavy daily wear and high-impact use.
- When concrete has been properly air-entrained, surfaces in cold, harsh climates exposed to freeze-thaw cycles.
- With its blend of select and gradated aggregates, architectural cements, and plasticizers, CSI Color Hardener creates surfaces that are substantially harder and more wear-resistant than concrete not treated with color hardener.
- CSI Color Hardener is available in many standard colors.
- CSI Color Hardener is an excellent choice for coloring concrete in order to achieve lighter colors and/or more brilliant colors.
- Light-reflective surfaces can be achieved through the use of a selection of white or light CSI Color Hardeners.
- To produce enhanced and richer effects, white-based CSI Color Hardener can be excellent base choices for the application of CSI stains and dyes.
- Due to extensive quality control measures in product manufacturing, CSI
- Color Hardener is designed to produce uniformity of color without color drifts.
In addition, use of color hardener does not risk day-to-day variances experienced in ready mixed integral coloring
Shelf Life and Storage
CSI Color Hardener has a 2-year shelf life if stored inside, in a dry and temperature controlled environment, in an unopened original container.
Coverage Rate and Drying Times
Coverage rates may vary depending on color choice, application method, and other local conditions.
- Minimum Coverage for Dark and Medium Colors – 60-80 pounds/100 sq. ft.
- Minimum Coverage for Medium and Light Colors – 80-100 pounds/100 sq. ft.
- Minimum Coverage for Light Colors – 90-120 pounds/100 sq. ft.
- Minimum Coverage for White CSI Color Hardener Colors – 120-150 pounds/100 sq. ft.
CSI Color Hardener is available in 60-pound plastic-lined bags.